Monday, October 11, 2010

LandScape Drawing Question

The Elements and Principles of Design were very helpful to me when i was making my drawings. Value (the shading in the boat in the middle of my picture plane and the parallel lines in my trees) helped me achieve a lifelike look to my drawings by adding the illusions of shadows and depth.
Line was applied when i drew my contour drawings to make a Shape of what i was trying to draw.
Shape was applied when i made the shapes in the front of my picture plane bigger than the shapes in the back adding to the illusion of Depth and Space, this could also be called proportion. The cross hatching and parallel lines help add visual texture to my drawing. The Contrast between the sea and the land made the artwork seem more real. Contrast was very important because there was no Color in my piece. I also used Detail with the trees, in the back ground of the Sail Boat, as the trees became less and less detail the farther you looked back.

Printing black and white picture was a good idea as it allowed you not to be distracted by the colour contrast and simply focus on the shading.

What I learned was how to draw lines to make water look real, how to draw grass so it doesn't take too much time but the viewer knows its grass, and how to draw Shadows in the same angle to where the Sun is. One area i need to improve on is my lack of contrast in My Trees. i made a Mistake thinking that the Shadows behind the trees will make it more realistic and less cartoony like the picture show below. But unfortunately it made it very gloomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment