Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Try.

In the design process of my board, i focused on how i applied the paint onto the brown mural paper. This was a different medium for me as i never used a sponge before. The tape was a unique tool to aid me to my goal, as the tape would allow the paint to have straight edged that could not be replicated by brush, but could easily tear the paint by ripping the acrylic off the fibers.

It was essentially a double-edged sword, but i gambled that with practice, i would be able to abuse this technique.
These are my first technique. I found that the purpose of this excecise was to imporve my sponging techniqe and see which designs best-suited my intent of my board.

I found that some tapes were half as sticky as others. these tapes were good tapes.
I also found that peeling the tape off before the paint has dried reduces the chance of it ripping.

Mistakes to be improved on was my messiness, this got my brown paper covered in paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment