Thursday, January 20, 2011

YEE

I found that the tape had helped me create a more smooth, clean shape.
The geometric shape of rectangles, triangles and hexagons was very easy to do with the green masking tape. I found that my design changed from my original idea because i realized that organic shapes are hard to make with the tape, i also found that my sponging techniques became much better after some practice, as the shapes seem spray painted. I feel that the spacing that i put between my shaped allowed it to have lots of contrast. The focal point was where the shapes diverged. I feel that the color band running through my board gives my board a sense of unity.
The vibrancy of my colors were deliberately dulled to not make each individual design stand out. My only tools were the sponge, paint, pen, and most importantly, green tape. The shapes were very simplistic and helped me achieve my goal.
I USED negative space when i space the acrylic shapes of each of them apart.

Colours i used was

Blue+W+W+W+W= Glacier Blue
Yellow+Blue+yellow+neon yellow+white= Dulled Neon Green
Blue+blue+blue+red+yellow+red= This purplish color.
GOLDEN BRONZE+yellow= GOLD
Red+Red+ yellow = Bloody Grapefruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment